Our Mission in Action: Through providing a coordinated family of services aimed at meeting the special needs of children exposed to abuse and neglect, Angel Reach is first committed to assuring the safety and security of all children and youth in alternate care. Safety and security needs being met, they can rebuild trust in others; develop spiritually; begin to have a sense of belonging; and rise above their backgrounds to become productive adults.
To volunteer or for more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can fill out the Volunteer Application online by clicking link below.
Due to the sensitive material needed in the background check, click on the link, print the form, scan it, then attach the document to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Without our volunteers, Angel Reach would not be able to touch and encourage so many of our clients. We Love Our Volunteers! Do you have time to help with any of these immediate needs?
IMMEDIATE VOLUNTEER WORK
- Electrician to hang ceiling fans
- Help work at the Angel Reach station at the Ironman Triathlon
- Provide a lunch for the Employment training classes (every Thursday)
- Someone to coordinate client workers for the Community Garden
- Always Pursue Event needs volunteers
- Tutor Coordinator
If you can help with any of these – great! Please contact Sherry McConnell at email@example.com. She would love to hear from you!
Ongoing Volunteers Needed for the following:
- Administrative Volunteers– We always need volunteers who are willing to help out with some of the administrative tasks that we have here at Angel Reach. This could be anything from filing paperwork in the office to helping coordinate programs.
- Food Pantry – Volunteers to assist with stocking and distribution of food products on Mondays and Tuesdays from 9 am to 12 noon
- Meal Planning – Once hour a week teach a class on planning five meals, preparing a grocery list, and ordering groceries online.
- Weekly Volunteers – Do you want to come in one day a week to make/bring a meal, do some gardening, take a youth shopping for some healthy snacks, host an hour of yoga, read to some kids, etc?? Being one of our “weekly volunteers” might be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Mentors (for more information, click here: I WANT TO BE A MENTOR
- Tutors – There is always a need for kids and youth to be tutored in many different subjects. You can pick your subject and we will find you a match!
- Job Coach – Assist a young adult in finding/maintaining employment. You will be someone who can encourage the youth to be successful in the work field!
- House Checks – Visit our transitional living homes and apartments weekly to find out what is needed as far as cleaning supplies, linens, etc. This person could also assist us in making sure that each location is suitable before moving a new person in.
- Life Skills Classes and Meals – There is always a need for someone to present a skill or supply a meal to feed 20 for a Life Skills meeting.
- Tickets to Events – Make calls for donation of tickets to events for the Angel Reach youth and also for the foster families that Angel Reach serves.
- Job Opportunities – Find employers in the Conroe or Woodlands area who would consider hiring one of the Angel Reach youth.
- Provide a Meal – Cook and deliver a meal for about twenty youth to the CYO Resource Center. To book a date to bring one, you may contact Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cooking Classes – Organize a small group of volunteers to teach Angel Reach youth how to make simple meals. Meals can be prepared in the San Jacinto kitchen.
- Food Recovery volunteers — Volunteers to assist with once-a-week food products pickup from outside vendors
- Food Cart – Find locations for the Angel Reach Food Cart to park and sell food, i.e., parks, businesses, events, etc.
- Contact Potential Donors
- Create Newsletters
- Host Fundraiser
- Grant WritersVolunteer Opportunities
To complete the Mentor application and Background Check data sheet, please click on the following links: